Implementation of public information disclosure policy in the house of Representatives of the Republic of Indonesia
Purpose: This study aims to identify how the implementation of the public information disclosure policy in the House of Representatives (DPR) in 2019-2021 is going and to find the right strategies to be implemented so that the DPR can become an informative public body.
Research methodology: This research uses a qualitative descriptive method with a case study approach, where primary and secondary data are obtained through in-depth interviews with predetermined key informants, field observations, and literature studies relevant to the research topic.
Results: The findings show that the implementation of public information disclosure policy in Parliament is still not optimal due to various obstacles in the process of documenting, classifying, managing, and serving public information that are technical, administrative, bureaucratic, and political in nature. DPR needs to start building and developing an internal big data system that is connected to real time public information management and service applications. In addition, the active role of Members and factions in the House in providing public information is also important to support the successful implementation of public information disclosure in the House.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Agustina, S., Valeriani, D., & Yunita, A. (2021). Analysis the development of growth centers and hinterland areas in Bangka Regency, Indonesia. Journal of Social, Humanity, and Education, 2(1), 1-17.
- Alamry, S. J. M., Al-Attar, H. A., & Salih, A. S. (2022). The effect of using the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) on reducing the financial and administrative corruption in Iraqi Government Units. International Journal of Financial, Accounting, and Management, 4(1), 67-83.
- Amir, A. (2020). Public Policy Implementation: Study on Educational Budgeting of Palopo. Journal La Sociale, 1(1), 5-11.
- Arifin, S. ( 2016). Review of Public Information Policy Implementation: Evaluation Study of Information Dissemination Program at Dishubkominfo Bangkalan Regency in 2012-2015. Surabaya: Master Program in Media & Communication, Universitas Airlangga.
- Azimi, H. (2021). Investigating the relationship between knowledge management and social capital. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 3(1), 53-67.
- Bovens, M. (2003). Two concepts of accountability, Utrecht School of Governance. Utrecht University, Dubnick.
- Center, I. P. (2017). Reforming Public Information Governance in DPR RI: Starting Upstream with Documentation. (Jakarta: Seminar Materials).
- Creswell, J. (2003). W. Research Design, Qualitative and Quantitative Aproaches: Jakarta: KIK Press.
- Dye, T. R. (2011). Understanding Public Policy. 13thth Edition. .
- Epstein, E. M. (1987). The corporate social policy process: Beyond business ethics, corporate social responsibility, and corporate social responsiveness. California management review, 29(3), 99-114.
- Fatih, A. (2010). Policy Implementation and Community Empowerment. (Bandung, Padjadjaran University Press).
- Febriani, F., & Sa’adah, N. (2009). The Effect of International Law on The Establishment of Public Information Disclosure Law in Indonesia.
- Hamdi, M. (2002). Bunga rampai pemerintahan: Yarsif Watampone.
- Hasanah, A., Najwa, H., Nurpadhilah, S., Ramadhani, G. I., Putriyani, R. A., & Sidharta, I. (2023). Improved compliance of individual taxpayers through tax audit (Study at one of the Primary Service Offices in Bandung). International Journal of Financial, Accounting, and Management, 4(4), 501-507.
- Kadir, A., Kurnia, F. A., Ahmad, D. N. F., Khasanofa, A., & Albab, U. (2022). Public Space Participation In Law Enforcement Against Serious Human Rights Violations In Discourse Perspective Jürgen Habermas. Indonesian Journal of Law and Policy Studies, 3(1), 89-106.
- Kraft, M. E., & Furlong, S. R. (2019). Public policy: Politics, analysis, and alternatives: Cq Press.
- Labolo, M. ( 2011). Understanding Government Science: A Study, Theory, Concept, and Development. (Jakarta: Rajawa Press).
- Liviani, R., & Rachman, Y. T. (2021). The influence of leverage, sales growth, and dividend policy on company value. International Journal of Financial, Accounting, and Management, 3(2), 165-178.
- Mahfud MD, M. (2001). The Basis and Structure of Indonesian State Administration. (Jakarta: Rineka Cipta).
- Miles, M. B., & Huberman, A. (1992). Qualitative Data Analysis. Translation: Rohidi. Retrieved from
- Ndraha, T. (2011). Kybernology: The New Science of Government.
- Nwosu, K. C., Okafor, E. G., & Egbunike, C. F. (2022). Monetary policies and economic management: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa. Studies in Economy and Public Policy, 1(1), 15-26.
- Pembayun, D. A., et al. (2019). Implementation of Law No. 14 of 2008 concerning Public Information Disclosure by the Information and Documentation Management Officer (PPID) of Kemkominfo. J. urnalisa UIN Alauddin, 5(1), 106-120.
- Rasyid, R. (1998). A Government of Trust.
- Ripley, R. B., & Franklin, G. A. (1982). Bureaucracy and policy implementation. (No Title).
- Santosa, M. A. (2001). Good Governance and Environmental Law. New York: ICEL.
- Seidl, D., & Becker, K. (2005). The basic concepts of Luhmann's theory of social systems.
- Subarsono, A. (2005). Public policy analysis. Yogyakarta: Student Library.
- Sugiyono, S. (2010). Quantitative and qualitative research methods and R&D. Bandung Alphabet.
- Sunarti, V., Hafizah, H., Rusdinal, R., Ananda, A., & Gistituati, N. (2022). Comparison of Indonesian and Finnish Education Curriculum. Journal of Social, Humanity, and Education, 2(2), 141-152.
- Suradinata, E., Kusworo, K., Lambelanova, R., & Thahir, M. I. (2019). The Effect of Organizational Transformation, Compensation and Organizational Culture on Performance of Regional Government Bureaucracy in Sumedang Regency West Java Province. Journal of Public Administration and Governance, 9(1), 236-252.
- Taufiq, I. (2014). Implementation of Public Information Disclosure Law in Pesawaran Regency Government. .
- Van Meter, D. S., & Van Horn, C. E. (1975). The policy implementation process: A conceptual framework. Administration & society, 6(4), 445-488.
- Winarno, B. (2012). Public policy (Theory, process, and case studies). Yogyakarta: Caps.
- Yin, R. K. (2009). Case study research: Design and methods 4th edition. Paper presented at the United States: Library of congress cataloguing-in-publication data.
- Yist, F. V. ( 2008). Epistemology of Government Science. (Depok: UI).
- Yuliana, Y. (2020). The strategy in increasing creative economy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Sustainable Tourism and Entrepreneurship, 2(2), 109-118.