Effect of recruitment and selection practices on organisational strategic goals
Purpose: This study aimed at examining how recruitment and selection practices influence organisational strategic goals.
Research methodology: A descriptive case study design was employed. Data was collected from 311 employees of Nestle Water Company who were randomly selected.
Results: The study showed that screening affects profitability and market share positively though the effects were insignificant. The selection test on the other hand affects profitability both positively and significantly. There was however a positive insignificant relationship between the selection test and market share. Lastly, the study showed that there exists a positive significant relationship between e-recruitment and profitability; as well as e-recruitment and market share of Nestle water company.
Limitations: This study focused on just four recruitment and selection tools as well as employees of Nestle water company.
Contribution: The general assertion of scholars that screening, selection tests, e-recruitment, and employee referral have the capacity to stimulate an increase in the profitability and market share of an organisation was confirmed. It is recommended that future studies consider other recruitment and selection tools which were not considered in this study.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Adams, J. (1996). Principals and agents, colonialists and company men: The decay of colonial control in the Dutch East Indies. American sociological review, 61(1), 12-28.
- Adesanya, A., Yang, B., Iqdara, F. W. B., & Yang, Y. (2020). Improving sustainability performance through supplier relationship management in the tobacco industry. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal.
- Afriyie, E. O., Blankson, G. A., & Osumanu, M. D. (2013). Effect of recruitment and selection practices on the performance of small and medium hotels of Osu Klottey Sub-Metropolitan Assembly of Greater Accra. Developing Country Studies, 3(11), 133-141.
- Agelyne, M., & Musau, M. (2021). Financial Technology and Financial Inclusion of Small and Medium Enterprises in Kabati Market Kitui County, Kenya. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 11(4), 362-377.
- Ajibola, A., Wisdom, O., & Qudus, O. (2018). Capital structure and financial performance of listed manufacturing firms in Nigeria. Journal of Research in International Business and Management, 5(1), 81-89.
- Amadike, C. M. (2018). The Effect Of Recruitment And Selection Policy As A Tool For Achieving Higher Employee Productivity In Manufacturing Organizations: A Study Of Dozzy Group Of Companies. Amadike, Chinaza Marypamela.
- Armstrong, M. (2012). Armstrong's Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice: Kogan Page.
- Asiedu-Appiah, F., Aduse-Poku, O., & Abeeku-Bamfo, B. (2013). An Investigation into Recruitment and Selection Practices of Small and Medium Enterprises: Evidence from Ghana. Global Advanced Research Journal of Management and Business Studies, 2(3), 175-188.
- Bans-Akutey, A. (2020). Differentiating Micromanagement from Effective Management: A Manager's Guide. Global Scientific Jurnal, 8(11), 827-833.
- Bans-Akutey, A. (2022). The Influence of Technological Development on Organisational Productivity. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 11(5), 1641-1648.
- Bans-Akutey, A., Afriyie, E. O., & Tiimub, B. M. (2022). Leadership Propositions for Team Success. International Journal of ICT and Management, 1-7.
- Becker, W. C. (1964). Consequences of different kinds of parental discipline. Review of child development research, 1(4), 169-208.
- Beigi, N. A. K. (2020). Investigating, identifying and evaluating organizational and infrastructural strategic factors affecting organizational management processes from the perspective of productivity management. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 1(4), 285-305.
- Bhoganadam, S. D., & Rao, D. S. (2014). A study on recruitment and selection process of Sai Global Yarntex (India) private limited. International Journal of Management Research and Reviews, 4(10), 996.
- Cardy, J. (2004). Boundary conformal field theory. arXiv preprint hep-th/0411189.
- Christoph, B., Matthes, B., & Ebner, C. (2020). Occupation-based measures—An overview and discussion. KZfSS Kölner Zeitschrift für Soziologie und Sozialpsychologie, 72(1), 41-78.
- Cloete, A. L. (2017). Technology and education: Challenges and opportunities. HTS: Theological Studies, 73(3), 1-7.
- Dissanayake, D., & Nandasena, N. (2019). Elements influencing the success of Human Resource Information System. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 1(1), 65-75.
- Djabatey, E. N. (2012). Recruitment and selection practices of organizations: A case study of HFC Bank (GH) Ltd. Unpublished thesis submitted to the Institute of Distance Learning, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. Ghana: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
- Ekwoaba, J. O., Ikeije, U. U., & Ufoma, N. (2015). The Impact of Recruitment and Selection Criteria on Organizational Performance. Global Journal of Human Resource Management, 3(2), 22-33.
- Endri, E., Lisdawati, D. S., Hakim, L., & Sugianto, S. (2020). Determinants of profitability: Evidence of the pharmaceutical industry in Indonesia. Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy, 11(6), 587-597.
- Ganzach, Y., Pazy, A., Ohayun, Y., & Brainin, E. (2006). Social exchange and organizational commitment: decision?making training for job choice as an alternative to the realistic job preview. Personnel Psychology, 55(3), 613-637.
- Githinji, A. (2014). Effects of training on employee performance: a case study of United Nations Support Office for the African Union Mission in Somalia. United States International University-Africa.
- Jolaosho, S., Shodiya, O., Olajide, A., & Akintan, I. (2018). The effect of recruitment and selection process on job performance in telecommunication industry in Nigeria: an assessment of MTN customer service Centre Abeokuta. International Journal of Management and Economics, 4(2), 1639-1651.
- Joshi, M. (2013). Human Resource Management
- Khan, M. M. R. (2020). Strategic human resource management in facilitating the organizational performance: Birds-eye view from Bangladesh. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 2(1), 13-24.
- Kumari, N., & Malhotra, R. (2013). A Study of the Recruitment and Selection process: SMC Global. ZENITH International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 3(2), 244-254.
- Kusumawati, F. R. (2020). Profitability determinants of five-star hotels in Yogyakarta. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 2(1), 41-52.
- Makhamara, F. H., Waiganjo, E. W., & Kwasira, J. (2016). Influence of strategic recruitment and selection on employee performance in the health sector in Kenya. The Strategic Journal of Business and Change Management, 3(3), 348-361.
- Mappadang, A., Wijaya, A. M., & Mappadang, L. J. (2021). Financial performance, company size on the timeliness of financial reporting. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 2(4), 225-235.
- Mathis, R. L., & Jackson, J. H. (2005). Human Resource Management (11th ed.). Thomson South-Western, USA: SouthWestern.
- Mondy, R. W. (2010). Human resource management (11th ed.). Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Moradi, A. M., & Beigi, N. A. K. (2020). Strategic management of organizational resources using predicting the organization's bankruptcy level: New approach using Monte Carlo simulation. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 2(2), 113-127.
- Naab, R., & Bans-Akutey, A. (2021). Assessing the use of e-business strategies by SMEs in Ghana during the Covid-19 pandemic. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 2(3), 145-160.
- Nehmeh, R. (2009). What is organizational commitment, why should managers want it in their workforce and is there any cost effective way to secure it. Swiss management center, 5, 45-46.
- Ogidi, E. J., & Pam, P. (2021). Financial Inclusion And Growth Of Small And Medium Enterprises In Plateau State. African Journal of Business and Economic Development| ISSN, 1(8), 69-81.
- Olubiyi, T. O., Egwakhe, A., JAmos, B., & Ajayi, A. A. (2019). Entrepreneurial Orientation and Firm Profitability: Evidence from Lagos State Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 21(6), 42-54.
- Oyedokun, G. E., Job-Olatunji, K. A., & Sanyaolu, W. (2018). Capital structure and financial performance. Accounting & Taxation Review, 2(1), 65-82.
- Özkoç, A. G., & Çal??kan, N. (2015). The impact of organizational envy on organizational climate created among employees: An application in accommodation enterprises. International journal of business and management, 10(1), 40-49.
- Phina, O. N., Ogechukwuand, N. N., & Shallom, A. A. (2021). Organizational climate and employee engagement: A commercial bank perspective in Southeast Nigeria. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 2(3), 161-173.
- Purcell, M. (2009). Resisting neoliberalization: Communicative planning or counter-hegemonic movements?. Planning theory, 8(2), 140-165.
- Pushpendra, S. G., Garima, M., & Monika, J. (2017). Recruitment and Selection and its Impact on Organizational Productivity. International Journal Of Core Engineering & Management, 4(2), 26-35.
- Racey, T. J. (2017). Employee selection strategies in casual dining restaurants. Walden University.
- Rahmany, S. M. (2018). The Effect of Recruitment and Selection Process on Employees’ Performance: The Case Study of Afghanistan Civil Servant. International Journal of Business and Management Invention (IJBMI), 7(8), 61-71.
- Ramki, S. (2015). Effect of recruitment and selection practises on retention of teachers in international primary schools in Nairobi county. University of Nairobi.
- Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. (2009). Organizational behavior. Cape Town: Pearson Education South Africa.
- Saluy, A. B., Abidin, Z., Djamil, M., Kemalasari, N., Hutabarat, L., Pramudena, S. M., & Endri, E. (2021). Employee productivity evaluation with human capital management strategy: The case of covid-19 in Indonesia. Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal, 27(5), 1-9.
- Samwel, J. O. (2017). The Influence Of Recruitment, Selection And Retention On Performance Outcomes Of Registered Family-Owned Businesses In Mwanza Region, Tanzania. Kisii University.
- Saviour, A. W., Kofi, A., Yao, B. D., & Kafui, L.-A. (2016). The impact of effective recruitment and selection practice on organisational performance (a case study at University of Ghana). Global Journal of Management and Business Research: A Administration and Management, 16(11), 25-34.
- Shahnia, C., Purnamasari, E., Hakim, L., & Endri, E. (2020). Determinant of profitability: Evidence from trading, service and investment companies in Indonesia. Accounting, 6(5), 787-794.
- Sunday, A. O., Olaniyi, D. E., & Mary, F. O. (2015). The influence of recruitment and selection on organizational performance. International Journal of Advanced Academic Research-Social Sciences and Education, 1-63.
- Sutherland, J., & Canwell, D. (2008). Essential business studies a Level: As student book for AQA: Folens Limited.
- Ullah, M. M. (2010). A systematic approach of conducting employee selection interview. International journal of business and management, 5(6), 106.
- Usman, A. (2020). Entrepreneurship And Small Business (Case-Study: Taj Mehal Afro-Asian Market Helsinki). Centria University of Applied Sciences.
- Yamane, T. (1967). Statistics: An Introductory Analysis, 2nd Edition. New York: Harper and Row.
- Yaro, I. (2014). Recruitment and selection in the Nigerian public service: Nature, challenges and way forward. British Journal of Economics, Management and Trade, 4(7), 1005-1017.