Evaluation chain management model with emphasis on intellectual capital using blockchain technology
Purpose: The main purpose of this paper is the evaluation of the chain management model with an emphasis on intellectual capital in knowledge-based organizations using blockchain technology.
Research methodology: First, by reviewing previous studies and researches, the framework for readiness to accept blockchain was extracted. Then, the different areas of the value chain of knowledge-based organizations were identified. Then, a questionnaire for pairwise comparisons was distributed using a hierarchical approach. Finally, the TOPSIS questionnaire was distributed to rank the 5 identified areas of activity in the value chain and knowledge management of knowledge-based organizations. Semi-structured interviews with the organization's experts have been used to explain the promising methods in the organization further to improve the efficiency of blockchain acceptance and meaningful research orientations for researchers.
Results: These findings include the undiscovered potential of knowledge sharing and collaboration networks, the expected evolutionary stages of the Internet of Things, and eliminating intermediaries that lead to new business models such as token building and short-term rather than long-term relationships. Obstacles include staffing problems, legal uncertainty, loss of infrastructure and standardization, and unclear governance structures. Improving smart contract security and interoperability between private and public protocols will further expand technolog
Contribution: The application of blockchain technology in the field of knowledge and intellectual capital management, due to the promotion of key indicators such as improving security in the context of non-forgery, unchangeable information, tracking, decentralization, and transparency, leads to the application of this technology in knowledge and intellectual capital management.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Adula, M., Kant, S., & Birbirsa, Z. A. (2022). Systematic Literature Review on Human Resource Management Effect on Organization Performance. Annals of Human Resource Management Research, 2(2), 131-146.
- Al-Mamun, A., Li, T., Sadoghi, M., & Zhao, D. (2018). In-memory blockchain: Toward efficient and trustworthy data provenance for hpc systems. Paper presented at the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data).
- Al Saifi, S. A., Dillon, S., & McQueen, R. (2016). The relationship between face to face social networks and knowledge sharing: an exploratory study of manufacturing firms. Journal of knowledge management.
- Amiri, M., Hashemi-Tabatabaei, M., Ghahremanloo, M., Keshavarz-Ghorabaee, M., Zavadskas, E. K., & Antucheviciene, J. (2020). A new fuzzy approach based on BWM and fuzzy preference programming for hospital performance evaluation: A case study. Applied Soft Computing, 92, 106279.
- Andoni, M., Robu, V., Flynn, D., Abram, S., Geach, D., Jenkins, D., . . . Peacock, A. (2019). Blockchain technology in the energy sector: A systematic review of challenges and opportunities. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 100, 143-174.
- Anochiwa, L. (2021). A contribution to the human capital investment debate vis-à-vis economic growth: the case for Nigeria. Annals of Human Resource Management Research, 1(1), 15-28.
- Asrar-ul-Haq, M., & Anwar, S. (2016). A systematic review of knowledge management and knowledge sharing: Trends, issues, and challenges. Cogent Business & Management, 3(1), 1127744.
- Bell, L., Buchanan, W. J., Cameron, J., & Lo, O. (2018). Applications of blockchain within healthcare. Blockchain in healthcare today, 1(8).
- Benchoufi, M., Altman, D., & Ravaud, P. (2019). From clinical trials to highly trustable clinical trials: Blockchain in clinical trials, a game changer for improving transparency? Frontiers in Blockchain, 2, 23.
- Berryhill, J., Bourgery, T., & Hanson, A. (2018). Blockchains unchained: Blockchain technology and its use in the public sector.
- Chen, Y. (2018). Blockchain tokens and the potential democratization of entrepreneurship and innovation. Business Horizons, 61(4), 567-575.
- Chude, I. D., Chude, N. P., & Egbunike, C. F. (2022). Intellectual Capital and Financial Performance of Quoted Manufacturing Firms. Annals of Human Resource Management Research, 2(2), 147-160.
- Fernández-Caramés, T. M., Blanco-Novoa, O., Froiz-Míguez, I., & Fraga-Lamas, P. (2019). Towards an autonomous industry 4.0 warehouse: A UAV and blockchain-based system for inventory and traceability applications in big data-driven supply chain management. Sensors, 19(10), 2394.
- Finucane, B. P. (2018). Creating with blockchain technology: the" provably rare" possibilities of crypto art. University of British Columbia.
- Fu, B., Shu, Z., & Liu, X. (2018). Blockchain enhanced emission trading framework in fashion apparel manufacturing industry. Sustainability, 10(4), 1105.
- Ghorbani, S., & Khanachah, S. N. (2020). Investigating the reasons for failures and delays in R&D projects with the project management approach. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 1(4), 319-334.
- Ghorbani, S., & Khanachah, S. N. (2021). Providing a framework for knowledge sharing in knowledge-based organizations according to social capital indicators. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 1(4), 271-284.
- Kouhizadeh, M., Saberi, S., & Sarkis, J. (2021). Blockchain technology and the sustainable supply chain: Theoretically exploring adoption barriers. International Journal of Production Economics, 231, 107831.
- Kshetri, N. (2017). Will blockchain emerge as a tool to break the poverty chain in the Global South? Third World Quarterly, 38(8), 1710-1732.
- Kshetri, N. (2018). 1 Blockchain’s roles in meeting key supply chain management objectives. International Journal of Information Management, 39, 80-89.
- Lohmer, J., Bugert, N., & Lasch, R. (2020). Analysis of resilience strategies and ripple effect in blockchain-coordinated supply chains: An agent-based simulation study. International Journal of Production Economics, 228, 107882.
- Mainelli, M., & Smith, M. (2015). Sharing ledgers for sharing economies: an exploration of mutual distributed ledgers (aka blockchain technology). Journal of financial perspectives, 3(3).
- Malik, S. Y., Cao, Y., Mughal, Y. H., Kundi, G. M., Mughal, M. H., & Ramayah, T. (2020). Pathways towards sustainability in organizations: Empirical evidence on the role of green human resource management practices and green intellectual capital. Sustainability, 12(8), 3228.
- Maroun, E. A., Daniel, J., & Fynes, B. (2019). Adoption of blockchain technology in supply chain transparency: Australian manufacturer case study.
- Meinert, E., Alturkistani, A., Foley, K. A., Osama, T., Car, J., Majeed, A., . . . Brindley, D. (2019). Blockchain implementation in health care: Protocol for a systematic review. JMIR research protocols, 8(2), e10994.
- Min, H. (2019). Blockchain technology for enhancing supply chain resilience. Business horizons, 62(1), 35-45.
- Mo?teanu, N., & Faccia, A. (2020). Digital Systems and New Challenges of Financial Management–FinTech, XBRL, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies. Quality-Access to Success Journal, 21(174), 159-166.
- Mubarok, B. (2022). Pengaruh Motivasi dan Disiplin Kerja terhadap Kinerja Pegawai pada Badan Pengelola Pajak dan Retribusi Daerah Kabupaten Lampung Utara. Jurnal Relevansi: Ekonomi, Manajemen dan Bisnis, 6(2), 1-13.
- Murray, A., Kuban, S., Josefy, M., & Anderson, J. (2019). Contracting in the smart era: The implications of blockchain and decentralized autonomous organizations for contracting and corporate governance. Academy of Management Perspectives(ja).
- Navimipour, N. J., Milani, F. S., & Hossenzadeh, M. (2018). A model for examining the role of effective factors on the performance of organizations. Technology in Society, 55, 166-174.
- Nyame, G., Qin, Z., Obour Agyekum, K. O.-B., & Sifah, E. B. (2020). An ECDSA approach to access control in knowledge management systems using blockchain. Information, 11(2), 111.
- Parela, E. (2022). Pengaruh Pengembangan kompetensi dan Pengembangan Kompetensi terhadap Budaya Kerja Pegawai pada Kantor Kecamatan Semaka Kabupaten Tanggamus. Jurnal Relevansi: Ekonomi, Manajemen dan Bisnis, 6(1), 42-56.
- Perera, S., Nanayakkara, S., Rodrigo, M., Senaratne, S., & Weinand, R. (2020). Blockchain technology: Is it hype or real in the construction industry? Journal of Industrial Information Integration, 17, 100125.
- Peters, G. W., & Panayi, E. (2016). Understanding modern banking ledgers through blockchain technologies: Future of transaction processing and smart contracts on the internet of money Banking beyond banks and money (pp. 239-278): Springer.
- Pramono, A., & Safarini, N. (2022). Pengaruh Pengembangan Karir dan Motivasi Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai pada Kantor Kecamatan Kota Agung Kabupaten Tanggamus. Jurnal Relevansi : Ekonomi, Manajemen dan Bisnis, 6(2).
- Putra, N. P. (2022). Pengaruh Kepemimpinan dan Motivasi Kerja terhadap Kinerja Pegawai pada Dinas Pengendalian Penduduk dan Keluarga Berencana Kota Bandar Lampung. Jurnal Relevansi: Ekonomi, Manajemen dan Bisnis, 6(2), 14-29.
- Rezaee, M. (2019). Opportunities of blockchain technologies in closed-loop supply chain management.
- Savelyev, A. (2017). Contract law 2.0:‘Smart’contracts as the beginning of the end of classic contract law. Information & communications technology law, 26(2), 116-134.
- Seppälä, J. (2016). The role of trust in understanding the effects of blockchain on business models.
- Smith, W. K., Gonin, M., & Besharov, M. L. (2013). Managing social-business tensions: A review and research agenda for social enterprise. Business Ethics Quarterly, 407-442.
- Sulkowski, A. (2018). Blockchain, business supply chains, sustainability, and law: The future of governance, legal frameworks, and lawyers. Del. J. Corp. L., 43, 303.
- Wang, Y., Singgih, M., Wang, J., & Rit, M. (2019). Making sense of blockchain technology: How will it transform supply chains? International Journal of Production Economics, 211, 221-236.
- Zahedi, M., Akhavan, P., & Naghdi Khanachah, S. (2020). Identifying the Key Barriers to Knowledge Management and Lessons Learned in the Project-Based Military Organizations. MILITARY MANAGEMENT QUARTERLY, 19(76), 29-68.
- Zahedi, M. R., & Khanachah, S. N. (2019). The impact of customer assisted knowledge production capacity on customer capital in a knowledge-based center. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 1(2), 107-121.
- Zahedi, M. R., & Khanachah, S. N. (2020). The effect of knowledge management processes on organizational innovation through intellectual capital development in Iranian industrial organizations. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management.