Strategic management of organizational resources using predicting the organization's bankruptcy level: New approach using Monte Carlo Simulation
Purpose: There are several methods to predict organization bankruptcy; each of them has different accuracy. Another considerable note in investigating organization bankruptcy is the data considered for the study. The goal of this study is to determine which model is the most accurate in predicting organization bankruptcy.
Research methodology: In this study, the initial data were used to compare predicting Monte Carlo processes that simulate bankruptcy models to compare models and results more accurately. Simulated data coefficient modification of Mckee, CA-SCORE, Springate, Zmijewski, Shirata, and Altman methods were implemented in some healthy and bankrupt organizations. After that, the results of each modified model were considered to determine the predicting bankruptcy accuracy.
Results: Using the final Mckee's method, predicting organization bankruptcy was done in an organization and the results show that the given organization is on a trend of bankruptcy in 2025.
Limitations: This research was only described in knowledge-based organizations.
Contribution: The Mckee genetic method is more accurate than other methods. Also, modifying coefficient and by using simulated data shows that CA-SCORE and Shirata methods are not able to predict the organization's bankruptcy by using simulated data.
- Aaron, A., Nainggolan, Y. A., & Trinugroho, I. (2017). Corporate failure prediction model in Indonesia: revisiting the Z-scores, discriminant analysis, logistic regression, and artificial neural network. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 10(2), 187-209.
- Aghaie, A., & Saeedi, A. (2009). Using Bayesian networks for bankruptcy prediction: Empirical evidence from Iranian companies. Paper presented at the 2009 International Conference on Information Management and Engineering.
- Bărbuță-Mișu, N., & Madaleno, M. (2020). Assessment of bankruptcy risk of large companies: European countries evolution analysis. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 13(3), 58.
- Boussabaine, A. (2013). Risk pricing strategies for public-private partnership projects: John Wiley & Sons.
- de Andrés, J., Landajo, M., & Lorca, P. (2012). Bankruptcy prediction models based on multiform analysis: An alternative to accounting ratios. Knowledge-Based Systems, 30, 67-77.
- Du Jardin, P. (2017). Dynamics of firm financial evolution and bankruptcy prediction. Expert Systems with Applications, 75, 25-43.
- Eklund, J., Levratto, N., & Ramello, G. B. (2020). Entrepreneurship and failure: two sides of the same coin? Small Business Economics, 54(2), 373-382.
- Fischer, T., & Riedler, J. (2014). Prices, debt, and market structure in an agent-based model of the financial market. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 48, 95-120.
- Floridi, L., Cowls, J., Beltrametti, M., Chatila, R., Chazerand, P., Dignum, V., . . . Rossi, F. (2018). AI4People—an ethical framework for a good AI society: opportunities, risks, principles, and recommendations. Minds and Machines, 28(4), 689-707.
- Fulmer, I. S., & Ployhart, R. E. (2014). "Our Most Important Asset" is a multidisciplinary/multilevel review of human capital valuation for research and practice. Journal of Management, 40(1), 161-192.
- Gebauer, S., Setzer, R., & Westphal, A. (2018). Corporate debt and investment: A firm-level analysis for stressed euro area countries. Journal of International Money and Finance, 86, 112-130.
- Ghorbani, S., & Khanachah, S. N. (2020). Investigating the reasons for failures and delays in R&D projects with the project management approach. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 1(4), 319-334.
- Hafiz, H., Oei, S.-Y., Ring, D. M., & Shnitser, N. (2020). Regulating in a pandemic: evaluating economic and financial policy responses to the coronavirus crisis. Boston College Law School Legal Studies Research Paper(527).
- Hollo, D., Kremer, M., & Lo Duca, M. (2012). CISS-a a composite indicator of systemic stress in the financial system.
- Jo, S., Park, H., Jun, T., Kim, K., Jung, H., Park, S., . . . Ryu, D. Y. (2021). Symmetry-breaking in double gyroid block copolymer films by non-affine distortion. Applied Materials Today, 23, 101006.
- Kazemi, M., Bozorg-Haddad, O., Fallah-Mehdipour, E., & Chu, X. (2021). Optimal water resources allocation in transboundary river basins according to hydro political consideration. Environment, Development, and Sustainability, 1-19.
- Kirkos, E. (2015). Assessing methodologies for intelligent bankruptcy prediction. Artificial Intelligence Review, 43(1), 83-123.
- Kordestani, G. R., & Manavi Moghadam, A. H. (2017). New Public Financial Management: Past, Present, and Future. Accounting and Auditing Studies, 6(23), 17-30.
- Kumar, M. S., & Persaud, A. (2002). Pure contagion and investors' shifting risk appetite: analytical issues and empirical evidence. International Finance, 5(3), 401-436.
- Lerbinger, O. (2012). The crisis manager: Facing disasters, conflicts, and failures: Routledge.
- Mashrur, A., Luo, W., Zaidi, N. A., & Robles-Kelly, A. (2020). Machine Learning for Financial Risk Management: A Survey. IEEE Access, 8, 203203-203223.
- McKee, T. E., & Lensberg, T. (2002). Genetic programming and rough sets: A hybrid approach to bankruptcy classification. European Journal of Operational Research, 138(2), 436-451.
- MEHRANI, S., Mehrani, K., Monsefi, Y., & Karami, G. R. (2005). Implication Zmijewski & Shirata bankruptcy prediction models in Tehran Stock Exchange.
- Oh, H., Koyanagi, A., Kelleher, I., & DeVylder, J. (2018). Psychotic experiences and disability: findings from the Collaborative Psychiatric Epidemiology Surveys. Schizophrenia Research, 193, 343-347.
- Osadchy, E., Akhmetshin, E., Amirova, E., Bochkareva, T., Gazizyanova, Y., & Yumashev, A. (2018). Financial statements of a company as an information base for decision-making in a transforming economy.
- Palepu, K. G., Healy, P. M., Wright, S., Bradbury, M., & Coulton, J. (2020). Business analysis and valuation: Using financial statements: Cengage AU.
- Reiser, D. B., & Dean, S. A. (2017). Social enterprise law: Trust, public benefit, and capital markets: Oxford University Press.
- Tsirigotis, D. (2012). Here and there in international relations theory. Aristidis Bitzenis Vasileios A. Vlachos, 86.
- Zahedi, M., Abbasi, M., & Khanachah, S. N. (2020). Providing a lean and agile supply chain model in project-based organizations. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 1(3), 213-233.
- Zahedi, M. R., & Khanachah, S. N. (2019). The impact of customer-assisted knowledge production capacity on customer capital in a knowledge-based center. Annals of Management and Organization Research, 1(2), 107-121.
- Zahedi, M. R., & Khanachah, S. N. (2020). The effect of knowledge management processes on organizational innovation through intellectual capital development in Iranian industrial organizations. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management.
- Živković, J., Ivanov, M., Stojković, D., & Glamočlija, J. (2021). Ethnomycological investigation in Serbia: Astonishing realm of my medicines and my food. Journal of Fungi, 7(5), 349.